Thursday, January 7, 2010

The Icarus Project

I figured this was interesting enough to share with everyone...

How does man make the "Ultimate Sandwich"? This is a question that some friends and I have been discussing recently. We seem to keep coming back to a few key factors: Hot meat core, tasty fixins, and a most excellent edible casing for such an affront to God. Since I am the only one of my friends that works in/around a kitchen I took it upon myself to piece together something that could rival the epic "Luther."

After several drafts and debate over components I assembled what we have been referring to as the "Icarus." Yes, named for the legendary myth of the boy who flew too close to the sun. See also "Led Zeppelin album covers." The name is to serve as a warning to those who would challenge it.




Credit for the actual construction goes to Effy, one of the top cooks at my restaurant. The Icarus (Version 1.0) is composed of the following:
- Half pound cheeseburger, with American cheese
- Bacon, roughly 4 pieces in what can only be described as a "bed of bacon"
- One fried egg, over medium
- Two pieces of French Toast, non-sugared of course




Truth be told, I was only able to finish half of it. I'm already toying with other ideas for monstrous challenge entrees. I'm open to suggestions.



-James


[something with chili?...]

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Meter